The CAL MED Medical Readiness Center
The CAL MED Medical Readiness Center serves as a single location for a number of medical requirements for all service members, regardless of military branch or component, assigned to the Presidio of Monterey and Naval Support Activity Monterey.
- Medical in and out-processing
- Period Health Assessments (PHA)
- Immersion briefings
- Travel Clinic
Certain administrative departments are also located at the Medical Readiness Center:
- Medical records
- Release of information or correspondence
- Referral Management
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
- Navy Medical Administrative Unit (NMAU)
- CAL MED Wellness Center
Upon completion of the installation in/out-processing brief, service members should report to the Medical Readiness Center to ensure requirements are met.
Periodic Health Assessments
PHAs for all service members is conducted at the Medical Readiness Center to include:
- hearing tests
- vision screenings
- flight and airborne physicals
Phase Two of the physical exam for PHAs is conducted at the CAL MED Health Clinic. Reserve PHAs and hearing tests call LHI at 1-800-666-2833 ext. 3555
Navy Medical Administrative Unit
For all Navy personnel, the NMAU provides the following services at the Medical Readiness Center:
- Overseas/operational suitability screenings
- Exceptional Family Member Program
- In and out-processing
- Limited Duty / Physical Evaluation Board process advising
The NMAU office on NSA Monterey remains open.
Exceptional Family Member Program
The EFMP office is located in the Army Medical Home Primary Care Clinic and conducts screenings for all active duty family members prior to overseas travel, in addition to any other required EFMP administrative needs. Immunizations are available for family members to obtain, if required, prior to overseas assignments. The health benefits advisor is also available to answer questions regarding referrals from their CAL MED health provider to the TRICARE network.
CAL MED Wellness Center
267 Private Bolio Road
Monterey, CA 93944
CAL MED Wellness Center offers a variety of programs and services to improve and enhance the health, wellness and readiness of the service members and families of the Presidio of Monterey and NSA Monterey. Features include:
- VO2 Fitness testing – check out your cardiorespiratory fitness and how to improve it
- Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) testing – find out how many calories your body burns
- Nutrition and Metabolism classes – get a basic education in nutrition and metabolism
- Bod Pod® body fat analysis – see what your true body fat percentage is
- Health Coaching – work with our highly trained staff to achieve your health goals
- Massage Chair – relax in our state of the art massage chair
- Stress Management and Biofeedback – coming soon!
The CAL MED Wellness is open to all TRICARE beneficiaries and DoD civilians who hold a DoD ID card. Because of the nature of the testing, strict guidelines must be followed in order to receive accurate results. The services are by appointment only and may require a medical clearance in some cases. To sign-up for your free health assessment, class or health coaching please email email@example.com .